Shape the Future of Healthcare
Healthcare industry jobs continue to outnumber jobs created in most other industries. Whether it is a reflection of the high costs of care, the complexity of the industry or legislation, job growth within the healthcare sector is persistent. What’s clear is modern healthcare organizations realize that business acumen in new hires is necessary. As such, there is high demand for those with healthcare MBAs like the online program offered by Florida International University. Here are 10 reasons to apply:
- The continued job growth in healthcare creates more competition among candidates. Those with healthcare MBAs, like the one offered by Florida International University, will have an educational advantage over candidates who do not. An MBA shows persistence, discipline and the capability to handle executive decisions. A healthcare MBA increases your worth.
- The healthcare field needs innovative leadership with relevant, real-world experience. FIU’s online Healthcare MBA provides education that’s relevant to the contemporary concerns healthcare organizations face today. It allows students to learn the business of healthcare from the inside out with a unique curriculum that weaves healthcare issues into every business course.
- Fiscal challenges in healthcare create the need for strategic business insight. Healthcare organizations are learning that to be more effective, they need a better-educated workforce that will lead them successfully through current fiscal challenges and prepare them for those ahead.
- Six Sigma Green Belt and Yellow Belt certifications are included in FIU’s Healthcare MBA program. Lean Six Sigma is a powerful, proven method of improving business efficiency and effectiveness. It uses a set of quality management methods, mainly empirical, statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization who are experts in these methods.
- FIU’s online Healthcare MBA program can be completed in 18 months. The program helps graduates meet the needs of healthcare organizations now and for tomorrow, without interrupting their careers. The Healthcare MBA is designed for professionals in the healthcare industry who seek a greater capacity for decision-making and leadership positions in the rapidly changing healthcare environment. The program is designed for working professionals who want to continue full-time employment during their coursework.
- HCMBA students graduate with IBM Watson certification, which means they have an extremely valuable knowledge and skills to discover patterns and meaning through data analysis and visualization tools.
- Scholarships are available. Pursuing a graduate degree is one of the best investments you can make—one that will open doors to personal and professional opportunities. FIU’s tuition costs represent some of the best value in higher education, and it also offers financial aid support to help students reach goals. FIU Online awards scholarships acknowledging academic achievement to students in select online graduate programs who exhibit strong academic credentials upon admission.
- FIU’s online Healthcare MBA is one of the few national programs that is both CAHME and AASCB Accredited. In January 2017, the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) re-accredited Florida International University’s Healthcare MBA in the College of Business with a full, seven-year accreditation—the highest for a program of its kind. FIU’s HCMBA program is the only CAHME-accredited online MBA program in the state of Florida, and one of only two Healthcare MBA programs accredited by both CAHME and AACSB.
- The FIU online Healthcare MBA is well-respected and widely known as a prestigious program. In 2016, the program was ranked #1 by Modern Healthcare on its list of largest business graduate schools for physician executives.
- Build networking opportunities through program residencies. Program residencies include team building, communications, Excel fundamentals, presentation skills, as well as Lean Six Sigma (LSS) certification.
For more information about this program, visit our website.